Sirens: Possible Luring Reported; Rolex Watches Among Items Stolen From Vehicle; Inmate Reportedly Makes ‘Pruno … – Centralia Chronicle
Centralia Police Department
• At 10:59 a.m. on Monday, police received a report of a vehicle prowl in the 2000 block of Borst Avenue. Personal identification and credit cards were stolen.
• At 2:07 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of a theft of money from a bank account in the 1900 block of South Gold Street. The case is under investigation.
Possible Luring Reported
• At 3:48 p.m. on Monday, police received a report that a man in the 2000 block of Borst Avenue tried to a lure a 4-year-old girl into his car. Police contacted the man but were “not able to establish a criminal offense occurred,” according to the police department.
Man Booked on Suspicion of Protection-Order Violation
• At 8:08 p.m. on Monday, Eric J. Underwood, 60 of Centralia, was arrested in the 2600 block of Fords Prairie Avenue on suspicion of violating a Centralia Municipal Court domestic violence no contact order.
• At 12:46 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a theft from a store in the 600 block of South Tower Avenue. A man and woman reportedly took items without paying for them, then fled in a red Mitsubishi passenger car. The case is under investigation.
Man Steals Tip Jar, Runs
• At 8:47 p.m. on Monday, police received a report that a man stole a tip jar from a business in the 2100 block of Haviland Street in Centralia. The man allegedly fled the scene in a small black two-door passenger car driven by a woman.
License Plate Taken
• At 7:41 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of a theft of a license plate in the past five days in the 100 block of Benjamin Street.
Rolex Watches Among Items Stolen From Vehicle
• At 7:45 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a theft from a vehicle in the 100 block of North Tower Avenue. Items including a bag of jewelry and two Rolex watches were stolen.
Fraudulent Check Cashed
• At 8:20 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a fraudulent check being cashed in the 1900 block of South Gold Street.
• At 11:23 a.m. on Tuesday, mail was reported stolen in the 1500 block of South Gold Street.
• At 1:29 p.m. on Tuesday, a person reported $40 stolen in the 900 block of Scheuber Road.
• At 9:20 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a theft of money in the 100 block of Harrison Avenue in Centralia.
Make-Up Thief Identified
• At 7:37 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a theft of makeup in the 1200 block of Harrison Avenue. A suspect was identified but no arrests have been made.
Chehalis Police Department
Hit and Run
• At 11:19 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a hit and run in the 1000 block of Southwest Pacific Avenue.
Tip Jar Swiped
• At 3:17 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a man stealing a tip jar in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Gasoline Theft Reported
• At 3:47 p.m. on Tuesday, a gasoline drive-off was reported in the 600 block of West Main Street.
• At 4:23 p.m. on Tuesday, a trespasser was reported in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. No arrests were made.
• At 11:35 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a trespasser in the 900 block of Southwest William Avenue. No arrests were made.
• At 9:54 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of harassment in the 300 block of Southwest Third Street.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Man Booked for Underage Marijuana Possession After Traffic Stop
• At 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday, deputies reportedly pulled over a vehicle in the 900 block of Harrison Avenue, and smelled marijuana through the open driver’s side window. The driver, identified as Brandon J. Johnson, 20, of Centralia, reportedly admitted he was smoking marijuana, and said he had a medical marijuana card, but was not able to produce it for deputies. Johnson was arrested on suspicion of violation of the Uniform Controlled Substances Act.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Refrigerator, Tools Stolen in Burglary
• The Sheriff’s Office is investigating a burglary that reportedly occurred between Sunday and Tuesday in the 3600 block of Cooks Hill Road. The victim, a 66-year-old woman from Centralia, reported someone entered her barn and stole a small refrigerator, cordless drill, 20-gallon water heater, toolbox, keys and a 50-foot garden hose valued at more than $500.
Man Hits Power Pole After Swerving to Avoid Elk
• At 4:34 p.m. on Tuesday, deputies responded to a report of a truck driving into a power pole in the 200 block of Cannon Road in Packwood. The driver, a 46-year-old Packwood man reported that he swerved to avoid elk in the road and hit a power pole with the 2009 Dodge Ram truck he was driving. The truck was totaled. The driver reportedly refused medical treatment.
Mechanical Issues Suspected in Crash on Forest Road
• The Sheriff’s Office responded at about 5 p.m. Tuesday to a crash reported about five miles up Forest Service Road 25 in Randle. The 59-year-old male driver was not injured but a 63-year-old passenger suffered a broken arm. The 1985 Toyota pickup was totaled. The driver reportedly said he couldn’t explain the crash, but the passenger reported that the truck had steering issues. The truck reportedly pulled to the left before striking logs and trees.
Inmate Reportedly Makes ‘Pruno’ at Jail
• At 6:52 p.m. on Tuesday, deputies received a report of a possible possession of a controlled substance by an inmate at the Lewis County Jail. Deputies arrived that evening to learn that a 20-year-old inmate allegedly made three bottles of “pruno” a kind of improvised, fermented alcoholic drink sometimes made in prisons or jails with leftover food. Deputies contacted the inmate, who reported that he made the concoction with an orange, apple and bread that day. The liquid was sent to the Washington State Patrol crime lab to determine if it contains alcohol. Charges are pending against the inmate.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.